||Beijing City Central Youth Hotel is located at northwest corner of Beijing Railway Station, right across from the Central Railway Station. Bus terminal, airport shuttle bus stop and taxi stands are next to the railway station, and Beijingzhan subway station is just outside the door.
This is the largest hotel in Beijing, with central air conditioning and individual controls in each of the 274 rooms. It offers a computer/internet room, billiards, bar, and karaoke with jukebox. On the 1st and 2nd levels are a 24-hour supermarket, breakfast bar, coffee lounge, ATM, IC/IP phones, express film processing, mobile phone shop, and post office. The guest rooms on the 3rd to 6th floors include en-suites, doubles, singles, and 4 and 6 bunk dormitories.
The Backpackers' Club supplies delicious Chinese and Western buffet to you on the third floor.
Around the nearby Henderson Center are fast foods such as Kentucky Fried Chicken, McDonalds, Subway, Starbucks, Pizza & Cafe. Inside you can find department stores, fashion boutiques, jewelry shops, hair stylists and beauty salon, and men's fashion and sports wear shops. In the vicinity are medical clinics, dental care, massage salons, pharmacies, eyeglass shops, bookstores, and souvenir shops. The hotel is next to the central business district that contains many gourmet kitchens serving diverse national and ethnic delicacies. ATM facilities can be found in the many nearby banks along Jianguomennei Dajie. Tian'anmen, Forbidden City, Tiantan, Observatory Museum, Nanhai, Zhongshan Park, and Wangfujing Dajie shopping street are all located a short ride from the hotel.
- Newly constructed in existing building; open mid-July 2004 and redecorated each year
- 3 lifts from ground floor reception to hotel on floors 3-6
- Central air-conditioning with temperature control and TV in every room
- Double (two-single beds) rooms, some with Internet and bathrooms.
- 4 and 8 bunk dormitory rooms with lockers, linen & duvet provided.
- 2 and 4 bed dormitory rooms with lockers, linen & duvet provided.
- Single (one-person bed) rooms, linen & duvet provided.
- Separate men and women's bathroom and shower facilities
- 24-hour hot water
- Laundry room (washer and dryer)
- Luggage storage
- Safety deposit box
- Reading room and book exchange
- High speed Internet connection
- Bar and recreation area
- Bike rental (bicycles available at the hostel)
- Car parking free for hostel guests
- Tourist information - organized tours to the Great Wall and other Beijing attractions.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- On-site help and general assistance
- Free travel advice
- Reservations for national and international flight & train tickets
- Arrangements for tourist coach and sightseeing activities
- Hostel bookings in other cities
- Delivery service
Our information booth has information on cultural entertainment such as folk dances, Chinese orchestra performances, kung fu demonstrations, traditional ceremonies, Chinese opera, folk song performances, etc.
- We can arrange acrobatic shows, art gallery visits, ikebana classes, calligraphy classes, Chinese painting and cooking classes, and many other activities for groups.
What to see and do (daily tours arranged at the hostel):
Walking on the Great Wall from Jinshanling to Simatai. The structure of Jinshanling was mainly built in 1570 of Ming Dynasty and it was a well-preserved fortification system as well as natural fantastic scenery. Simatai Great Wall is highly recommended by the publication Lonely Planet. The hostel organizes daily tours for you to walk on the Great Wall from Jinshanling to Simatai. Along the way you will enjoy the beautiful scenery and you will bring home many pleasant memories. Tours also available to the Badaling and Ming Tombs. The Summer Place tour includes tours to the Temple of Heaven, Forbidden City, Tian’an men Square along with the Summer palace. Beijing Opera at Liyuan Theatre, with its traditional setting is on regular live performances either English subtitles everyday. Acrobatics at Wansheng Theatre is first-class acrobatic show given by the Beijing Acrobatic Troupe, which was founded in 1957.